My Little Corner of the World

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NetLibrary

I'm almost there - checking out NetLibrary and all! I've been to the workshops on Downloadable Audio Books and was initially really excited about this service but...then I actually checked out NetLibrary and discovered that they didn't have anything I cared about listening to. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I realize that NetLibrary's offerings are dependent upon Recorded Books, various publishing companies and copyright laws, but, geez, they've gotta get some updated titles.

With that in mind, I was super excited PLCMC was also subscribing to OverDrive and was also pretty geared up after the OverDrive session at Staff Day but...then I actually checked it out and didn't find anything of particular interest to me there either. I did find the site layout and design more user friendly than NetLibrary, though. Perhaps I'm being picky but I don't think it's too much to ask for a few bestsellers and cool tunes. I was especially disappointed in the teen section as it only contains classic literature titles. Honestly, how many teens are going to be excited by Huck Finn?

I'll remain optimistic and hope that NetLibrary and OverDrive get their acts together and have something cool for me to listen to. Until then...I'll stick with my MP3 player for music and podcasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home